General Information to take part in the first painting contest Roberto Togni
- In a 1756 manuscript, don Ignazio Bardea describes a fresco present, at that time, on the circular wall of the so-called Kuèrc, in Bormio.The artists who intend to participate in the Contest are invited to propose a piece of work, whose theme would be the contents of the fresco in the Kuèrc(read: attached form n°1 or contest’s theme).
The winning piece of art will be developed and elaborated in a future realization on a panel that will be non-invasively placed, after an agreement with the municipality of Bormio, in the Kuèrc.
- The contest registration will be closed on 13th April 2018
- It is possible to sign up individually or like a group (attached form n°2A/2B): a. via internet ( www.ignaziobardea.com / REGISTRATION) b. via postal service to the address:
CENTRO STUDI STORICI, Via Roma 1, 23032 Bormio (SO), Italy
filling in the attached form n° 2(2A-individual registration, 2B group registration)
c. directly to the office CENTRO STUDI STORICI in Bormio (Via Roma 1)
- the enrollment need to be linked to the registration fee (20 EUR) receipt (free for student). The payment need to be done before the delivering of the painting. The accepted payment methods are: a. via SEPA bank transfer
headed to: Banca Piccolo Credito Valtellinese;
payment description: 1° concorso internazionale di pittura Roberto Togni Bormio, name, surname and telephone number of the artist. b. directly to the office CENTRO STUDI STORICI in Bormio (Via Roma 1).
- The dimension of the painting should be approximately 70cmX70cm, and can be realised at home, in the style and technique preferred by the artist.
- The painting must be delivered not later than 13th april 2018: a. via postal service to the address:
CENTRO STUDI STORICI, Via Roma 1, 23032 Bormio (SO), Italy b. directly to the office CENTRO STUDI STORICI in Bormio (Via Roma 1). The painting need to be linked to the filled in and signed form n°3(3A-for individual participants, 3B for groups), authorization form for the privacy and for the authorization or not to sale the painting.
- The painting will be judged by two committes: a panel of judges and a people’s committee. The awards ceremony will take place the 5th may 2018. From the 2th April 2018 to the 4th may 2018 the paintings will be exhibited and sold in agreement of the artist’s will.
The first three paintings established by the panel of judges will receive the following prizes: First Prize: 2000 EUR. Second Prize: 1300 EUR. Third Prize: 800 EUR. The first three paintings established by the people’s committee will receive the following prizes: First Prize: 3 days sojourn (to be determined) for 2 people in Bormio. Second Prize: 2 days sojourn (to be determined) for 2 people in Bormio. Third Prize: 2 days sojourn (to be determined) for 1 person in Bormio.
- These information are intentionally reduced in order to be essential. Who intend to take part in the competition agree to the competition announcement.
The motto is “IMAGINE AND PAINT” have fun and good luck.